The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus Who had made him well. For this reason, the Jews began to persecute, annoy and torment Jesus and sought to kill Him, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. (John 5:15)
And Jesus laid out these truths.
- My Father is still working and I too am working. (John 5:17)
- He made it clear that God was his Father and thus put himself on a level with God. (John 5:18)
- Whatever the father does is what the son does in the same way. (John 5:18)
- Jesus does only what the father does. (John 5:19)
- The father loves the son, ie. Jesus. (John 5:20)
- The father will show greater things than these. (John 5:20)
- The son (Jesus) will give life to whomever He wills and is pleased to give it.
- Judgement is in the hands of the son. (John 5:22)
- Whoever does not honour the son does not honour the father. (John 5:23)
- Those who believe in me have eternal life. (John 5:24)
Do you believe what the son of God says? Why/Why not?