How many grudges are you still holding in your heart?
- The teacher who failed you in grade three?
- The driver who cut you off on the way home?
- The spouse who mismanaged the family check book?
- The child who was too saucy?
- The teen who left home after an angry outburst?
- The boss who gave the promotion to someone else?
- The relative who died without leaving you an inheritance?
Ask God to show you all the others you have not forgiven.
Love covers a multitude of sins. It doesn’t keep a running list of the faults of others.
Therefore – as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
- Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Bear with each other.
- Forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.
- Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (Colossians 3:12-14, NIV)