For the first time in years I had a quiet holiday. No frantic shopping, no beastly turkey wrestling, no visiting three homes in one day.
This broken arm set me aside in many ways, some better than others.
I have had time to reflect on the things that kept me running on a daily basis; things that I will not be doing once I gain my driving arm again.
I asked myself these questions and so have greatly dwindled my to-do list.
How many obligations did I take on because?
- No one else volunteered?
- I was pressured into the job by our superiors?
- I was pressured into the job by those who didn’t want to do their part?
- I felt it would fill an afternoon of loneliness?
- It was an opportunity to make myself look good to others?
- Any other reason that is not God-ordained?
There are enough hours in the day to do what God wants you to do, and no more. A.W.Tozer.
Prayer- Lord, give us the courage to wipe our schedule clean of all that is not ordained by you. Amen.