Bad eating makes December stress more painful. Yes, December is hard but we can help ourselves feel better by just making wiser food choices.
- Stop going for those stress food favorites like chocolate, breads, cookies or other sweets.
- Eat protein- it builds and repairs your body.
- Eat carbohydrates; they give you energy.
- Don’t let yourself get overly hungry. Snack several times through the day.
- Drink lots of water; refuse to become dehydrated.
- Enjoy what you do eat. Beware of too much caffeine, spicy or fatty foods and alcohol.
Why do we care about stress? It actually prevents us from hearing from God.
“The seed cast in the weeds represents the ones who hear the kingdom news but are overwhelmed with worries about all the things they have to do and all the things they want to get. The stress strangles what they heard, and nothing comes of it." (Mark 4:18, 19, MSG)
Prayer- Lord, please speak louder while we dig ourselves out of the stress mess we are in…Amen.
Be First to Comment