- If a moat is a water-filled trench does that mean a trench coat is a moat?
- If you call yourself a car does that mean you have to live in the garage?
- I can call myself skinny, will the mirror lie for me?
- If I call myself a millionaire will the bank manager cash my checks?
- If you call yourself a Christian does that mean you are going to heaven?
You can tell yourself anything you like. That does not make it true.
Statistics tell us that about ¾ of us say we are Christians. Sadly, I have to ask what kind of Christian are you?
If I show up at church does that make me a Christian?
If I put money in the offering am I a Christian?
Faith is a lifestyle which must be known by its works. If you believe something, then you must act on it.
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. (James 2:14-18, NIV)
Active faith believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and lives life accordingly.
Prayer- Lord, if we are stuck in the halfway zone, believing but not acting on that belief, give us a shove into the truth. Amen.