This is what true love looks like.
- Doing the thing you think you cannot do.
- Wholly spending yourself for what you know is right and good and holy.
- Dealing with whatever happens when you have other plans.
- Listening while another shares their troubles with you.
- Realizing that true love takes no heed of circumstances.
- Getting up after you have fallen.
- Dispensing joy wherever you go, to whomever you meet.
- We can’t do great things but only small things with great love.(Mother Theresa)
- Answering the phone at 4 am when a friend needs you.
- Doing something instead of being angry, like baking and giving a pie.
- Forgiving the unforgivable; loving the unlovable.
No doubt you have ideas of your own. Add them to the list. Send them to me if you will…but at all costs love like your life depends on it, because it does.
“When you do something for someone else, don’t call attention to yourself. You’ve seen them in action, I’m sure—‘playactors’ I call them—treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that’s all they get.
When you help someone out, don’t think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out. (Matthew 6:2-4, MSG)
Prayer- Lord, continue to teach us more about love as we walk in it every day. Amen.