Brigitte Gabriel sobbed and told her mother she did not want to die at the age of 13, as her mother tied a white ribbon in her long black hair. Still she and her parents prepared to be slaughtered that day. Why? They were Christians.
This is not fiction. I heard it with my own ears Tuesday at a “PowerLunch” event at Prestonwood Church in Plano, Tex. Fortunately for Brigitte, Israel invaded Lebanon that very day, protecting her town of Lebanese Christians from a sure attack of radical Islamic extremists.
The hour lunch presentation was more than riveting. It was mind-blowing. First, Gabriel summarized her childhood which explained her passion for fighting radical Islam today. Then she opened her overflowing audience's eyes to the truth of Islam in America.
The founder of the American Congress for Truth (ACT), Gabriel leads an effort to stop the threat of radical Islam to America and strengthen national security. Her New York Times bestseller, “Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America,” is an intense warning to Americans to wake up to the threat facing our nation today. Her latest book, “They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It,” further challenges our nation to act and soon.
Gabriel shared from documents–obtained covertly–outlining plans for radical Islamic encroachment into our society. She said many known terrorist cells associated with Islamic extremists are now operating in American metropolises.
Among some of the points Gabriel raised that Christians should know:
• ACT predicts an estimated 13,000 terrorists have been smuggled into the United States through the Mexican border.
• Radical Islamic groups are setting up non-profit organizations as a cover to promote radical Islam in American political and educational systems.
• A 7th grade, three-week course of study of Islam is being taught in some public schools in America. The opening line of the booklet includes the words, “You and your classmates will become Muslim.” Students are to become Muslim for three weeks, adopting Islamic names, memorizing excerpts from the Koran, fasting for a day, visiting a Mosque, and learning the five pillars of the Islamic faith.
• Millions of dollars of oil money from the Middle East is being poured into American universities in order to set up “Middle East Study Departments” on campuses across the nation. Such departments have already been established at dozens of institutions for higher learning from coast to coast, including Ivy League schools and simple community colleges.
• Many mosques are teaching its children to “hate”, “always oppose” and “invade” Western nations, and that their “religious duty is to have Islamic governments in every country.” ACT predicts some 70% of mosques in America have such language in their educational programs
Gabriel appealed to the audience for their involvement in the political scene, urging listeners to stay abreast of issues and speak out. She said, “If our elected officials are not going to see the light, we are going to make them feel the heat.”