What makes you think that you have the right to:
- make a U-turn in the middle of a four-lane highway?
- pass a vehicle on the right side of a single lane road?
- stab anybody at any time?
- leave a store without paying your bill?
- act like your skin color is superior to another’s?
- toss your rubbish where you like?
- discard lit cigarettes willy-nilly?
- swear constantly, thus displaying your ignorance?
- steal buttons off clothing in a store to finish off your outfit?
- what makes you think??????
Here is the answer. You are not thinking at all.
Oh, you may have asked Jesus into your life, but are you letting him change you from the inside out? Do people see Jesus when they look at you?
What makes you think that?
So, here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. (Romans 12:1-2)