Here is a test to find out who among your friends and family is totally worth trusting or not.
- Do they lie to everybody, including themselves? Note that God never lies. God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers (23:19)
- Do they blame everyone but themselves for their problems? God expects each of us to own up to our own mistakes, not blame others.
- Have they shared your secrets with others? Remember that he who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy conceals a matter. (Proverbs 11:13)
- Do they care when others suffer? The Bible says to rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15)
- They don’t keep their word. The Bible says that if we ought to love our neighbour, we should keep our words to them. (Matthew 22:37–40)
There you have it. Some of us have to learn the hard way by trusting these people. Some of us stand clear of them as soon as we see the signs. Some of us are these people. Examine yourself and decide who you really are and who you want to have in your life.