Note: You’re reading Part Two in a three part blog mini-series on recommended blogs. In Part One, I highlighted Sixteen Biblical Counseling Blogs That You Should Bookmark.
As with Part One, I wish I could mention every excellent pastoral ministry blog. The pastoral ministry blogs I regularly read have some combination of: a.) frequency of posts, b.) self-identified as focused on pastoral ministry (pastoring, shepherding, the local church), c.) relatively high traffic/hits, and, frankly, d.) people I know or know of.
Many pastors and para-church groups provide excellent blogs that I regularly read. However, they tend to focus more on “Christian living” than on pastoral ministry/local church per se. I’ll highlight those blogs tomorrow. They will include pastors such as Tullian Tchividjian, Ray Ortlund, Kevin DeYoung, Josh Harris, John Piper, C. J. Mahaney, etc.; and ministry leaders/educators/groups such as Al Mohler, Tim Challies, Trevin Wax, TGC’s Voices,Russell Moore, Justin Taylor, R. C. Sproul, etc.
Drum Roll, Please
Here are the pastoral ministry blogs that I regularly read, listed in alphabetical order. Of course, I don’t agree with everything every one of these bloggers post. I don’t even agree today with everything I posted last week! Still, these blogs stretch my thinking as iron sharpens iron.
- The 9Marks Blog from the ministry of Pastor Mark Dever and a team of pastoral leaders is a “don’t miss” blog filled with practical biblical wisdom for church life.
- The Acts 29 Blog focuses on church planting by church planters.
- Baptist 21 exists to present a Southern Baptist perspective on church life and Kingdom effectiveness.
- Blogs at the Village by the staff of The Village Church shares their biblical philosophy of ministry.
- The Faith Baptist Church Blog by the staff of Faith Baptist in Lafayette, IN shares insights for church life and Christian living.
- The Gospel-Driven Church Blog by Jared Wilson offers his take on gospel-centered pastoral ministry.
- Greg’s Blog by Pastor Greg Laurie provides insights for pastoral life and ministry.
- Ordinary Pastor by Erik Raymond shares a fresh perspective of daily life of the typical pastor.
- Practical Shepherding is the blog home of Brian Croft. His blog is fast becoming an indispensible source for pastoral wisdom.
- Pure Church, the blog home of Pastor Thabiti Anyabwile, presents gospel-centered wisdom for pastoral life and ministry.
- Reformation 21 is the blog ministry of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals designed to challenge Christians to think and grow biblically.
- Reformed Spirituality and Missional Church is the blog home of church planter and author, Tim Chester.
- The Resurgence Blog is presented by Justin Holcomb and a team of ministry leaders and focuses on Christian leadership.
- Steven Furtick, lead pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC blogs regularly about pastoral life and ministry at Steven Furtick.com.
- The Travel Blog of Sojourner Church in Louisville, KT offers daily insights for church life.
- The Vertical Church Blog by Pastor James MacDonald of Harvest Bible presents insights for Christ-centered pastoral ministry and Christian living.
The Rest of the Story
In Part Three of this mini-series, I’ll share links to blogs I read that focus on Christian living.
Join the Conversation
What excellent blogs do you read that focus on pastoral ministry and church life?